Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Where is the Peace?





Fire and destruction obliterate the scene
Illuminating the stage where the riots have been

The violence and chaos went on through the night
This wasn't intended this bloody great fight
What triggered the battle that raged on the street,
Causing peaceful protestors to withdraw and retreat?

Where did they come from, this unwanted party?
Who had created this powerful army?
Thugs hijacked the cause for their own pleasure
Enjoying creating the tension and pressure

The Police approached in a militant manner
No reason to believe the words on the banner
Billowing smoke belched into the sky
Leaving peaceful protestors wondering "Why?"

It was supposed to be a march opposing war
Peace on Earth was the message they bore
It's ironic to think it ignited a fight
We live in hope that a truce is in sight



Thanks to creativewritingink for this week's 
prompt!


As always your comments and criticisms
are welcome.

7 comments:

  1. Very actual, Jewel, and perfect, as all your work. :)))Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jewel, you're ability to write in rhymes never fails to amaze me! It's simply so natural and fluid. Just a thought... ever considered writing sonnets? I think you'd be great at it. =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Wanda and Cynthia!

    I really would love to explore other avenues in writing, but always find myself retreating to telling the story as I see it. I have actually booked to go on a writing course in October, so hopefully it will help me to develop other styles as I would like to broaden what I produce.

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck, dear Jewel. Are you on Helium, too? I am Tom Wand there :)
    (Wanda, cannot post from Wordpress again :()

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thought provoking and current.. I agree, always good work with the rhymes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you inkyscribbles. The scene in the picture is current in various places around the world, it seems.

    Wanda, I haven't heard of the helium website. Thank you. I will check it out.

    ReplyDelete